Our Mission Statement
- To maintain and perpetuate Hawaiian culture through the promotion of Hawaiian water sports
- To teach, train, instruct and expose children, men and women in the ancient art, craft and history of Hawaiian canoeing
- To provide means and facilities for activities tending to foster the development and maintenance of strong and healthy minds, bodies and spirits among all people
- To provide opportunities for the interaction and communion of people in the interest of mental and social well-being
- To promote international canoe racing competition
In the pursuit of these purposes, OHCRA is organized to promote competitive inter-club, inter-island, and international Hawaiian canoe racing, and in so doing to teach, educate and preserve the art and culture of Hawaiian canoeing.