The O`ahu Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association (OHCRA) welcomes each and everyone
of our Sister Associations, from Moku o Keawe all the way to Kauai o Manokalanipo, as
our guests to the 2018 Annual HCRA State Championship Regatta here at Keehi
Lagoon!!! As your sponsor and host this year, OHCRA would like to share some
information with each and every one of you to help make the experience that much more
smooth and memorable. Please see below:
View All Articles
- Our Special Race this year will feature Mens and Womens 70s. Each Association
will get one (1) lane per gender and OHCRA will use the ones not used. This will
be one race with both genders competing together. If your association is interested
for either or both divisions, please contact Luana Froiseth at 330-4774.
- Coaches Meeting will be at 4:00pm and Officials Meeting will be at 5:00pm on
Friday, August 3, 2018 at the Pavilion.
- Field Parking will be available and parking attendants will assist you in your
parking needs. Field Parking is a one way affair. The entrance is on the Diamond
Head/Kalihi end of the field and the exit is on the Ewa end of the field. ***Please
obey the directions of the all Field attendants. There will also be parking at the
New Hope Practice Site at Sand Island. HCRA will be providing Shuttle service
for this area as well. Further information for all parking will be shared with all
- The Keehi Lagoon Racing course is a .25 mile course so please make sure that you
prepare your teams and club accordingly.
- Trailers will be parked at the end of the roadway inside of the chained area past
the Cul-de-Sac. The access road behind the baseball field will be open for trailers
to exit the park. Please do not exit through the vendors.
- Club Tent Spaces are assigned at Lane Drawing the week prior to the actual race.
If you know who you will be teaming with for tent space, please let Luana
Froiseth know immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps tremendously
when organizing the tents. If you are in need to rent a tent, please see the
information listed on the home page of the HCRA Website at
- Merchandise will be available on Friday from 1:00pm - 5:00pm and Saturday
from 7:30am until all items are sold out.
- Food and Craft Vendors will be located in the parking area immediately behind
the grassy hills in between the pavilion and the halau and will be open from early
morning until late in the afternoon on Saturday. There will be a couple of vendors
and food booths open on Friday, August 3, 2018 as well.
- If you are in need of help trailering your canoes, please contact Uncle Gilbert
Silva directly at 348-3359. Cost is $75.00 per canoe.
- Canoe Weigh-Ins is scheduled from 9am forward on August 3, Friday, but if the
crew is prepared ahead of time, they will allow Weigh-Ins to begin.
- Tent Set-Up can begin from Friday, August 3, 2018, at 8am in your designated
club spot only.
- The HCRA State Regatta begins at 8:15am on Saturday, August 4, 2018!!!
- All pertinent HCRA State Championship Regatta information is also available at www.hcrapaddler.com